With St. Patrick’s Day just a few days away, why not celebrate with some yummy & super cute cupcakes? I make these every year for my girls & they love them! They’re fun, they’re easy & most of all, they are super delish! (Beware of serious sugar highs with the bitties!)
What You’ll Need:
A box of your favorite cake mix (I prefer chocolate for these cupcakes) & obviously the ingredients to make chosen cake mix
Green frosting (if you can’t find green, buy white frosting & add drops of green food coloring until you get the desired shade of green)
Airheads Extreme candy
Green or clear crystal sprinkles (gives the cupcakes a little extra shimmer)
1. Make cupcakes according to box directions
2. While the cupcakes are baking, cut the Airhead strips in half…or to whatever size you’d like, but the bigger you leave them, the heavier they are on the frosting & will end up tipping over.
3. Once the cupcakes are done baking, remove from oven & let cool
4. Once cooled, add your green frosting
5. Sprinkle your crystals on the frosting right away. The longer the frosting sits & hardens up, the crystals won’t stick & will just roll right off
6. Once the frosting is on, bend your lucky rainbow (the Airheads) almost as if you are trying to mold them into that shape so they stay. Then place firmly into the frosting (if the end pops up, the rainbow is too wide, make it a little more narrow)
7. Next plop down a WRAPPED Rolo (you want it to look like a pot of gold, remember!) at the end of the rainbow
8. Ta Da! You’re done! Now it’s time to enjoy!
Recently, I came across a new recipe for these cupcakes but you put edible gold flakes INSIDE the cupcake. I’ll let you know how those turn out!
HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!