Halloween is HUGE in our house. We kind of wish we could leave our Halloween decorations up all year long. We’ve even joked about having a Halloween themed Christmas tree. And I love when the Halloween movies start being played on tv…13 Nights of Halloween, I’m talkin’ to you!
So here is a list of our top 10 favorite kid-friendly Halloween movies!
1. Hocus Pocus–Obviously. I mean, this is a Halloween classic. One that we watch all. year. long!
2. Beetlejuice–One might argue this isn’t exactly a “kid-friendly” movie, but as long as you aren’t watching the original version, before they edited out the f-bomb, you’re good. (P.S. that part is my FAVORITE!)
3. Halloweentown–It’s a hokey Disney movie but it’s adorable & SUPER Halloweenie.
4. The Nightmare Before Christmas–Another classic.
5. The Addams Family Parts 1 & 2–Part one is part but they are both cute. I clearly have a thing for cheesy movies.
6. Casper–The one with Christina Ricci & Bill Pullman. Adorable, charming, who doesn’t love a friendly ghost?
7. It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown–I have to admit I’ve never actually sat through this entire one but my kids love it & it seems to be a favorite among everyone I know.
8. Hotel Transylvania–It’s literally a movie about every monster known to man in a cute animated way, what’s not to love?
9. The Haunted Mansion–It’s a great ride at Disney too!
10. Teen Witch–It’s not a true Halloween movie although it tends to be on mostly during that time, but it’s awesome! It’s about…well, a teen…that’s a witch. It’s an 80’s movie & I could watch it over & over.
There you have it. Let me know if I missed any good ones! And just for fun, I’m going to tell you the number one SCARIEST, WORST “kid-friendly” if-you-want-your-kid-in-therapy Halloween movie OF ALL TIME…
The Witches. I won’t go into detail about it because I’ll have nightmares so take my word for it when I say this movie is terrifying. Haunting.